Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #17 & 18 Love the BSA!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was meandering around an area I haven't done really well and just digging signals. I was digging a lot of those stiff foil milk bottle caps when I ran into a 1958 Jeff. Not too deep, about 4 inches. Then in order of the finds, a BSA button (and that's when I really slowed down and started digging everything), then a 46 D wheat, pretty toasted. Then a 1918 savings bank token, and a 1917 wheat. Then a 43 P War Nickle!!! In real good shape too! Then a few feet away, a 1919 wheat! Then a Sunoco antique car token. Now I'm saying to myself, "Come on, come on, I know your here somewhere!", and a few feet away BAM, 83, 84, sharp as a knife, 2" down a 42 Merc in excellent condition.

THEN MY BATTERY DIED!!! AND MY BACKUP WAS DEAD TOO!! WHOA IS ME!!! I'll have to go back tomorrow!

Have fun out there Guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Good haul! I like the pierce arrow car token! That's cool!
Your right on my heels, let's keep it going ODF.
Congrats on some nice silver.miss my old BSA camps.
More interesting finds Ed. Keep them coming so that those of us not doing much with the detectors can get a thrill or two. Love the 43 nickel, and it was in great shape with not much wear. The appearance was good too, because of the silver content I think. I've noticed over time that the soil in your area really plays heck on a lot of the coins, but pins and tokens seem to survive in decent shape. Lots of hunters seek out the BSA sites with good reason, but here the two largest long time camps are in state parks and all those lost items are off limits forever.
Nice haul of artifacts there Ed

love the bank token and the BSA button (it's an old one) Yes
ODF I like how you find unusual things. You're going to need a new display case.
(06-03-2017 09:31 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]More interesting finds Ed. Keep them coming so that those of us not doing much with the detectors can get a thrill or two. Love the 43 nickel, and it was in great shape with not much wear. The appearance was good too, because of the silver content I think. I've noticed over time that the soil in your area really plays heck on a lot of the coins, but pins and tokens seem to survive in decent shape. Lots of hunters seek out the BSA sites with good reason, but here the two largest long time camps are in state parks and all those lost items are off limits forever.

That's a real shame about the BSA sites. I've been lucky and have just stumbled across troop spots where they must have been getting a chance to earn badges and such. The big one is here about an hour East of me on what I think is about a 200 acre private site owned by the BSA. But that's only been in existence for about 30 years. The area adjacent to the old burned down BSA lodge from the 20's and 30's is where I hit it pretty good for that six pack of silver video I did last year. But I've actually only done the lodge area once because it's a real task to get there. And it's a burned down lodge so it's not easy to detect.

That is the best looking war nickle I've found. And the second 43 this year. I'm prone to dig nickle signals but this one was surrounded by mineralization and trash and was more of a "hunch" dig. Got lucky is all I can say.Yes

Ed
Reference URL's