Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Nuther Nickle Day @ the Park!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
These two about 40 feet from the two I posted on Saturday, and about 5 feet from each other! That Buff is either a 15, 16, or maybe an 18. Your guess is as good as mine!

Ed
Cool beans Ed

they're in nice shape Yes
(06-05-2017 08:17 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Cool beans Ed

Thanks MRH! That 1907 cleaned up about the same as the 12. I didn't take any cleaned up pics of it though. And you're probably not going to believe it but both of these were 2" down and blew my ears out with the small coil! Solid 52, 53 on the AT Pro!

Ed
Nice, a V and a buff! Congrats!
Cool finds! I have yet to find either! Congrats
(06-06-2017 07:05 AM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]Cool finds! I have yet to find either! Congrats

Just to let you know, I found a smattering of rifle and small caliber pistol casings all around these two. I honestly think these were dropped by people reaching in there pockets for ammo to reload!

Ed
Nice nickels, Ed. Looks like a '16 to me. I wish my nickels cleaned up as nice as yours. The soil here in New Jersey is rough on them.
Gerry
(06-07-2017 10:37 AM)Gerry F Wrote: [ -> ]Nice nickels, Ed. Looks like a '16 to me. I wish my nickels cleaned up as nice as yours. The soil here in New Jersey is rough on them.
Gerry

These are pretty exceptional Gerry. Most of the V's I find are toasted as yours are. I am pretty sure they were dropped when almost new and only lightly circulated. The smooth circulated ones here are usually unreadable.

Ed
(06-05-2017 08:25 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2017 08:17 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Cool beans Ed

Thanks MRH!  That 1907 cleaned up about the same as the 12. I didn't take any cleaned up pics of it though. And you're probably not going to believe it but both of these were 2" down and blew my ears out with the small coil! Solid 52, 53 on the AT Pro!

Ed
 LOL Ed. A whole 2" down. Try not to work to hard. The detecting gods were smiling on you for being such a trooper. Awesome finds. That V nickel is still on my bucket list.
LOL Ed. A whole 2" down. Try not to work to hard. The detecting gods were smiling on you for being such a trooper. Awesome finds. That V nickel is still on my bucket list.

THANKS & LOL Kajun! The V's will come. If you saw this area I'm hunting in you'd be really surprised. It was a forested edge to farmland long, long ago and today is part of a park and scenic trail. I think the nickel thing is there because the real old timers got all the silver out and literally ignored the mid tones! Hence bullets, headstamps, shell casings and nickels galore! As to 2 inches down, well, the leaf cover is ~3", then the underlying loam is about 2". Then it's hard packed clay. Most coins I find are stopped dead in their descent by the top of the clay. There have been a few I've worked for down in the clay but it's not very often that occurs. And those that are, like the dimes at 9" or quarters at 12", you have to have your coil right over them or you wouldn't ever know they were there. That's one of the reasons I've learned to swing much more slowly than when I first started detecting. And why, regardless of the trash, the bigger coil makes covering ground so much easier. In one sweep with the Tornado I cover 2 to 3 sweeps I would have with the 5x8. You just have to listen a lot closer to the tones. GL out there!

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's