Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: be prepared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive been working my ass off lately, and staying out of town, so haven't detected in a few weeks...so I was fiending! Anyway, got some time off and hit one of my sites. Found this cool pin, says "be prepared" on front, and has "us of a patent 1911" on the back. But my favorite find was a new to me indian grinding  rock. Love running across these. May try to get out tomorrow a.m. Goid luck, Ray
[attachment=1017]
[attachment=1018]
[attachment=1019]
Nice pin, Ray Yes I've never seen an Indian grinding rock before. I'm guessing it fits into one of those cavities in the rock, and was used to grind corn, herbs, etc., yes? Are they very rare? I'm still waiting to find a simple arrowhead, myself. Can't seem to eyeball one for the life of me.

P.S. - I can use that pick-axe in the pic. Man oh man, it's dry here brother!

Joe
I'm refering to the slab of bedrock that has the mortar holes...indians would grind acorns and such into a flour. Yeah, that pick comes in handy...I actually need to get a bigger one.
Nice going on the  Boy  Scout pin Ray ! I also enjoyed the  picture of the  grinding  rock .  Yes
Being an Eagle scout myself I have seem some of these before. That's a second class badge for the Boy's scout. Today they are all material badges. I have a few in my collection. Great fine Ray !
Reference URL's