Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: AT pro went bizerk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went water metal detecting over the weekend and about an hour in, the AT pro went biserk! All kinds of numbers flashing and beeping! Tried changing frequencies and new batteries . It helped for about 10 minutes and then it started doing it again. I took it back to the truck and checked all the connections, regreased them and everything looked good. Tried it again, started out OK and then it went wacky again. I took it back to the truck and got the Excaliber II out . Finished the evening hunt but had very few targets. I have had this happen before, one was under a powerline and another I believe the Wi-Fi around the house was messing with it and other times nothing around!. Any idea? It was doing it several places at the beach, not just one area
That sounds pretty strange! Sounds a lot like a water short out. I was river detecting yesterday working the downstream fringes of old swimming holes and even with the tornado coil had no problems (other than I didn't find anything!) but I didn't submerge the housing. I'm still afraid to do that. I've got the grease but have only smeared up the coil/cord connector at the coil. That beach near any airports? Sometimes I notice that radar sweeps can affect my AT if I'm level with the airport and pretty close by. In those cases I can see the radar dome across the river. Glad to hear you could get out and at least find something! Other than split shot and fishing weights!

Ed
It is an intermittent problem. Last summer I spent a good deal of time with it underwater and had one or two episodes underwater and about three or four episodes on dryland. It will do it on dryland or in the water. I have been able to figure out some of the interference, but others I have no idea. There seems to be nothing around the middle of nowhere and it will do it
(06-12-2017 09:14 AM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]It is an intermittent problem.   Last summer I spent a good deal of time with it underwater and had one or two episodes underwater and about three or four episodes on dryland. It will do it on dryland or in the water. I have been able to figure out some of the interference, but others I have no idea. There seems to be nothing around the middle of nowhere and it will do it
OTH , I can't help you but have you asked Garrett if they might know what the issue might be ? That's really strange.
No, not yet. Looking to see if anyone has run into this before. Man I hate the thought of sending it back and being without an AT pro! I've got the excal. II but still learning its whines! All the finds in the pic except one penny was found with the excal. though.
Saltwater?

If not = could be underground power lines nearby
I remember reading something about that in the manual. Thanks for reminding me of that. I will go back and read about it and see if I can reset it
Reference URL's