Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Just what every soccer field needs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Waiting for one area of sprinklers to reach the end so I could turn on the next set and head for home and some AC, I decided to take 20 minutes in the heat to swing between two fields I've done quite a bit. And guess what, I find a live 308 Winchester red tip just barely embedded in the roots of the grass. Wait until the cops see this because that's where it's going next!!!!! Had to be dropped by the snow mobile people that use our fields as cut through's during the Winter. Ain't this a kick in the head! Good thing I found it.

Ed
Nice snag on that one Ed. Glad you came along to make the recovery! Live ammo on a youth soccer field cannot be a good thing. And I hope there isn't any more.
Boy, that's dangerous. Glad you found it.
Gerry
Ed that right there is why I don't think detectorist get enough credit. We pick up the dangerous stuff. I hit a park the other day with a tot lot. Went to the tot lot and there was rusty, sharp pieces of metal all over. I picked all of them up. I just kept picturing a little kid barefooted stepping on them. SMH. People need to be more aware.
Reference URL's