Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #21 & 22! NICE 1925 SLQ & 1953 Rosie!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And the strange thing is these were about 10 feet apart. In the woods. I then began to find a number of shotgun headstamps and a few bullets. I suspect hunters lost them but I could be wrong. Although I didn't take a picture of it, the SLQ was actually sticking out of the ground at about a 30 Degree angle to level and as I brushed aside the leaves I easily saw a silver rim. When I picked it out I rubbed the thing and saw the flying eagle and said, "OMG, an SLQ!!!!" Then about 10 minutes later I get this real strong and clear 83, 84 high tone and pop a small plug. Laying in the dirt of the hole (3") I see a silver dime and I'm hoping Seated or Mercury because of the SLQ, but to my surprise it turns out to be a Rosie! I think well, 28 year difference between the two and it's possible. It was a real nice kind of nested grouping of real big trees and pines so it could have been hunters taking a break. Unbelievably no foil, bottlecaps or cans of any sort in the whole area. And it was a real nice weather day. 75 F, partly cloudy with a bit of sun now and then and a nice breeze. Perfect day for detecting with the exception of all the damn spider webs between the tall saplings. Yuck! I'm still itching!!! Chuckle

Have fun out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Nice saves Ed Yes
SL quarter is a really good find
Super nice finds Ed. You are having a great year with the silver. Keep it up.
I concur, super find! I like that SLQ and would be a real treat in anyone's pouch! Good job!
Reference URL's