Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #23 FTY, 1926 Merc!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-07-2017 07:04 AM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]Good Grief ODF , your banner year just keeps on keeping on. Amazing you continue to pull the silver you do every year. Thumbs up !!

Thanks Kajun but, awe shucks, I'm down about forty for average and Leo is killing me with those empty lots in Vegas! Chuckle I wish I could say I'm working on a plan but that would be a little fib. I guess I'll just have to keep swinging. I have noticed though that I'm slowing down on the swing a lot! Today I pulled a clad quarter at six inches that was WRAPPED by some joker with a beavertail pull tab. That's slow. And with the Tornado coil no less. So the coil can see the right stuff which makes me pretty happy.Yes

Ed

(06-26-2017 08:25 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]WTG Ed!! Keep on swinging!!

Ron,

I will and thanks. Sometimes it gets a little annoying or depressing but little finds like this Merc are very heartening to say the least. You know Ron, in the old days, before I starting ever detecting, the guys were killing it every year. Now it's getting harder and harder to find silver coinage. But from what I've learned, from this site and from other detectorists I know, there is silver almost everywhere you look, just like that Merc. And the only trick is to figure out where and know your machine backwards and forwards and in your sleep. Silver coinage has been used for thousands of years, gold too, as you well know. So it's out there, and you have to have the gumption and persistence to find it. Look at all that wonderful territory you cover. Granted many people were there during a period of time, but OMG, look at what you find!

You can never know what the dirt beneath holds, until you dig it.
But, you will never dig it, unless you truly "believe" a real find is there.

And that's my motto!

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's