Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: generous coinstar machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't get to hunt anymore lately, but I always check out the coinstar at the grocery store every trip. Yesterday the kickout tray was full of coins. Looks like several users must have failed to check the tray for this many items to be there. I know the service desk lady and when I pointed out what I had found, she said "finders keepers". So, when I got home I found that I had $1.64 in change and 2 nice bonus items ---a 1943 steel cent and a 1909 S cent. Would like to have dug them, but I'll take them any way I can.
[attachment=9775]
Very nice, that 1909-s could be worth $100.00
Congrats!
Awesome finds whether they are dug or found in the coinstar.. The steel cent is a fun find and the 1909 s is sweet.
  It is great to see you posting again.
Pat
The 09-s was a real neat find Leo. When I saw the date I flipped it over real quick hoping to see "VDB" -- no such luck. Finding the 43 and 09-s in same tray makes me think at least a part of someone's coin collection must have gone through the Coinstar.

Thanks Pat, I post from time to time as the opportunity arises, but my wife just had another series of spinal surgeries so I know I won't be doing any digging for a long time.
That's quite a haul!! Especially that 09 s !! I'm always in such a rush at the grocery that I walk right by those machines and never give it a thought. Going to have to stop doin' that!!!

Ed
Nice finds! I was thinking the same thing about the 1909 I recalled some of them are worth a better good penny. You almost had a IH. hahaha. Anyway still pleasant finds. I have not every seen a coinstar machine. I know they are around, and I will check it out once we cross paths. Maybe silver next time!
I saw a Hoover Boys video on you tube about finding coins in a coin changer so I try to look when I remember. I went into our local grocery store and I thought of this post and so after check out I went to the coin star machine and there were three coins in there. A 2007 penny and a 1974 dime that It threw out for some reason. And a coin that I believe has been dug. It sure does look like a dug coin. I can't see anything on it to identify it . It is slightly smaller than a quarter.
Reference URL's