Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Pics are sideways
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why do my pics turn 90* from the way the are on my phone?

Example

Well..... it didn't turn it!!!

Try again

It turned the last pic
Hi,
It must have something to do with the orientation the picture has on your phone.
The phone registers data (such as GPS location, orientation, ...) and probably it is not reproduced correctly when you upload it here.
Can you see if this happens only with horizontal or vertical pictures?
I take 99% of my photos with the phone in vertical position. I rarely take a pic horizontally.

After going back and looking at the pictures, all the pictures that I took a screenshot of our orientated correctly. The ones I took a camera shot of have turned , Even though I took a picture with the phone vertical
My Samsung does that a lot. I try and correct it before I send it to my email but sometimes that doesn't work either. So long ago I got a free app at Google Play called Photoscape. It's an editing software I downloaded to my PC. I correct everything there and then post it. Although it might be easier on the phone with an editing software that works without all the useless stuff, PhotoScape is pretty fast and easy to use once you've played with it. Great tool and it's FREE! And I mean FREE!

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

Works on any platform you choose or any device. PC or Lap.

Ed
Reference URL's