Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Lost wedding band found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Back in April, I was contacted by a guy that told me that he lost his wedding band last year playing volleyball at a state park campground. After getting in contact with the park, we met at the campground and he told me what he could. One thing he did say was he bought a cheap metal detector and he and a friend spent hours looking for it the next day, without any luck. It took me a while but I found it. He told me afterwards that he didn't think that I would find it!
Great job, well done!! That's some very nice detecting work and a fine story too. Returning a lost item is one of the intangible benefits of our hobby; makes everyone feel good.
Nice work! That's a tough one to eek out. Ohio State parks are off limits except I guess for special situations so it must have been a nightmare signal wise as nobody detects them. Very happy that you could help him out as well. He looks happy as all get out! GREAT that you got permission! You know that HS ring I found about 3 months ago, the woman still hasn't contacted me and I've tried so many times. She's an enigma! I think I'm going to try the obits next. Maybe she's passed on!

Ed
I had a comparable ring and it rang up a solid 66 on the AT pro. Of course, I had to make sure his ring wasn't missed, so I dug "good" signals just in case!
Shadeseeker, your right, it sure does feel good to find something for someone else as important as this was to him! Especially since he and a friend tried with a metal detector and couldn't find it and had little hope for me to find it!
Great job! The good PR for the hobby is awesome and you got some good karma as well. You didn't mention what material it is made of but by your VDI I am guessing it is not gold. I was hoping it was the gold you were hoping for.
   Thanks for sharing a great return and for stepping up to help this guy.
Pat
(07-14-2017 09:42 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]Great job! The good PR for the hobby is awesome and you got some good karma as well. You didn't mention what material it is made of but by your VDI I am guessing it is not gold. I was hoping it was the gold you were hoping for.
   Thanks for sharing a great return and for stepping up to help this guy.
Pat

Nope, not gold. It was tungsten carbide. I had one I'd found last year and tested it under the coil.

I'm still looking for the elusive first gold anything!!
Great job OTH. Keep detecting , gold will come your way. I had a 2 year drought on gold then boom , found three gold rings in a matter of 2 weeks.
Reference URL's