Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Stress relieving metal detecting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My wife's brother passed away on Friday and the funeral was today. After everyone had left to go home my wife says "I'm going to take a well needed nap. Why don't you go metal detecting?" So I did! What a woman! It was very relaxing detecting in water chest high on a hot stressful day. Only out a couple hours. Tungsten men's wedding band and a .925 cross
Sorry for your loss OTH. I will tell you nothing relaxes me like metal detecting. Nice cross. Silver anything is a good day.
Ditto on the sympathy. My wife begs me to go detecting though! Nice catch on the cross and the ring! Yes I don't know about relaxing while detecting. Maybe after stressful times as you had, yes. When I get out there I have to be constantly consciously aware to stay relaxed. I'm quite the Type A personality, unfortunately. For me it's something like parachuting out of a plane for the first time! I have to breath deep and count to ten!

Ed
Metal detecting does relieve stress and after a good hunt I sleep well at night. Nice cross! Congrats.
Reference URL's