Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Really Flattened Rosie #26!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I mean I've never seen a Rosie like this. Looks like an old merc from the teens or 20's!! But I'll take it. I'm pretty certain it's a 1960. It was 1" down. When I first dug it up I thought it was a clad dime. But after cleaning it a bit in the field I noticed that it was pretty worn. That's what clued me into it being silver, otherwise it would have gone into the coffee can I keep in the truck for the clad and memorials. It also doesn't have ANY reeding left on the rim!!! I cleaned it up more when I got back to the ranch. It was dark charcoal gray when I found it.

And then there's this walking bear pin I found. I think it's Cub Scouts but I haven't been able to find anything that looks like it on Google search! Although you THINK you see letters and such on it, there aren't any. And the pin part is gone. That along with 2 wheat pennies, one a 51D and the other a 191?! Those aren't shown. They were 5" and 8 inches respectively. These were all found in a park that is machine gun noise continually. Very slow and real concentration. Dug a lot of screwcaps, beer bottle caps and pull tabs.

Have a great time out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!!!

Ed
I really like the bear , isn't it amazing what Mother Nature and possibly man's chemicals do to a coin. Sometimes finds like that get me more interested than a pristine coin.
   Keep on swinging and posting the great finds.
Pat
You and Leo can really find the silver!! Good job!!
Smashing ODF!
Reference URL's