Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: f2 vs Garrett ace 250
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi I am trying to decide on a low end unit for my 7 yr old.  
So far I have narrowed it down to either an f2 or an ace 250 (I think) I was also thinking of a bounty hunter 2200  
which would you guys recommend?  ( don't even suggest an at pro or anything in that league).
I think a 250 would be over the top for a 7 year old. F2 seems a little more apt for that age.

Ed
I started with a 250 and still have it. It got me hooked and started. This past Easter I buried a bunch of change for my great nieces and nephews and give them the 250 and they did fine.
I have an f2 as my backup detector , it is easy to use and very lightweight. I still enjoy using it when I get somewhere and have a little time to kill. (It is my leave it in the car just in case machine).
   It paid for itself in less than a season.
Pat
PS I think either machine would be an awesome choice , I have only handled the 250 once when a buddy was using it.
Thanks guys, it truly is a very hard decision for me ... i get something too complex it will turn her right off but get something that wont let her find anything and again she will be turned off ( just like with the gopro 20 that she won, BTW it really is a toy, fell apart after 6 uses  and no pp feature which also turned her off).)  she likes my f70 except when it is near hydro lines  lol
Reference URL's