Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: finally got out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been working/staying out of town the past three weeks, with 2 more to go. Had a three day weekend, but spent Saturday and Sunday wrenching on my truck. So today I decided to go to one of my mining camp sites. Area saw use from the 1850s till the early 1980s....so that signal might be a cool button , or a damn pulltab. Anyway, mostly rusty junk (as my wife would say) but I like the hand made crevicing tool on top and the cool straight razor. The wheat penny is 1936...kinda disapointing, lol. Ray
[attachment=1028]
Gettin out is always good, Ray!!! I've been crazy busy lately myself, as our hunting season is almost finito here in the Northeast, so, back to the real world...and responsibilities. Don't ya just hate those! Tongue

I'm gonna have to live vicariously through you West coasters this Winter, since it'll be to frozen/cold/snowy for me to detect, so y'all better post some good $hit!!!

Joe
I feel for ya Joe. Winter is one of the best times to detect/prospect here. Except above 4000 feet, lol. Personally hate snow and cold. Hope you have a mild short winter. Ray
Hey you dug some cool stuff. Better to dig some old junk than just a bunch of modern junk.
Death Ray,

I think the 1 item in the center with the square hole is for dado or planing use on logs. That pointed pyramid thing might be a point from a logging pry bar. I think they may be carpenter or logging tools. You might want to go back to that spot and check around some more. Unless the one was tossed as scrap because it couldn't be sharpened any more and the point broke off the bar. 

Nice finds for aka "junk"! HH
The pointy thing is the tip off a gold miners pick...I find them dang near everytime out, lol. Its in the middle of the motherload region in No Cal. Thanks, Ray
Ah Ha! Thanks for the info! Get some gold! HH
Hey -- you got out!!  It been over a week for me and I'm getting withdrawals!! Happy
Reference URL's