Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Impact Hand Grip Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By now I think everyone knows, I try to make every detector that I own a bit more comfy to use.

Years ago injured my detecting wrist and elbow, they have never been 100%. The lighter in weight a detector is, the better it is for me. And if the search coil balances level with the ground less strain and wrist exertion is needed to achieve that. Some detectors with certain coils can be coil heavy or coil light. Less stress on the elbow joint as well.

The Impact handle is in a nice angle but, for us with larger hands, the diameter might be a bit small. Found that to be true in my case. If a person grips too tight depending upon the coil, the coil will seem coil light, downward pressure on the grip will be needed. Now, as if by magic, you loosen your two top fingers grip slightly, the coil will balance level. Pretty cool. You do have to concentrate to keep them lose, otherwise you'll find them gripping tightly again.

Here's the trick you can do rather fast to the Impact handle and many other detector handles. Only takes 5 minutes.
Add foam padding

I grabbed some Tesoro arm cuff self adhesive foam pads.
Cut them into 4 one inch strips. To the length of what you personally need.
The object is to build up the front of the handle and the rear of the handle as pictured.
So it forms a natural ergonomic feeling when you grip.

My toggle switch boot fell off at some point, keep an eye out on yours.
[attachment=9938]
[attachment=9939]
[attachment=9940]
Thankfully I faint have that problem. My impact feels like it's the light of my detectors. Very comfortable!
Taped it up with some electrical tape, looks great, feels great. now going to see how the tape holds up.
Reference URL's