Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Lost my water scoop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can you lose a scoop you might be asking! Well, I don't know but I did. So things kept falling thru my other scoop so I only got 1 good item in the water. No marking, probably stainless steel. Heavy!
That's a real nice find OTH. Probably Tungsten if it's real heavy. They are the rage now for some reason. I lose Hori, Hori diggers in the woods all the time. I think I'm at 2 now. I actually lose them and then months later find them, sometimes, then lose the damn things again! I don't like tethers but I could see a scoop disappearing in the waves and surf though. Clad Junky has a real nice strap he uses for his that's from a gas powered string trimmer. Haven't heard from him in a while though.

Ed
It's a hand scoop that I modified and turned into a water scoop. It's 3 feet long. It's like the one in the picture. How could I lose something 3 foot long. I hope I didn't drive off and leave it at a parking lot.

Could be tungsten, ODF, feels heavier than SS! I fixed it and put it around my neck and it would bug me to wear something that heavy.
I am on vacation and my first trip to the beach I had the same problem ,The waves were a little bigger than what I would have liked and my cheap idiot cord must have broken because I reached down for it and it was gone. A half hour later I still hadn't found it and I just wrote it off.
  I didn't find a nice necklace like yours to soften the blow though.
  Congrats on a good find.
Pat
I lost my car in the parking lot at Wal-mart the other day! So if I could miss something that big, you're excused for losing the scoop. Sorry for your trouble, but you did score a nice piece. I've seen a number of tungsten pieces on the posts lately, so Ed is probably right about its popularity in jewelry. A quick explanation might be in order: I lost my car because I forgot that I drove the truck into town. Spent a long time looking for a car that wasn't there before I realized what I had done. Something you can look forward to as you age!
Hey Shade , you should try my wife's method , she hits the panic button on the key fob until it makes a noise. She even did it once when I was waiting in the car for her , what a way to wake up from a nap.Wink.

Hey OTH , I like the scoop design ,when I get home from vacation I think it will be on my project list!
Pat
(08-17-2017 12:00 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Shade , you should try my wife's method , she hits the panic button on the key fob until it makes a noise. She even did it once when I was waiting in the car for her , what a way to wake up from a nap.Wink.

Hey OTH , I like the scoop design ,when I get home from vacation I think it will be on my project list!
Pat

It works really well!! I made two. The one in the pic is my dry sand scoop. The one I lost basically the same but I welded finer screen on it so nothing would go thru scoop while in neck deep water. I know if it goes thru the holes it's not a coin or ring but it could be a diamond earning so I find it hard to walk away from a signal. The scoop is a hand scoop that I used a 3/4" thin wall conduit and put an offset in it. Took bicycle handle bar grips on it.(bottom grip really not needed.) took 2 u-bolt clamps and a 1/4" bolts and connected it to the scoop.
Thanks for the pics and description , they will be helpful.
Pat
Reference URL's