Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Had the NEW Quest Q40 out Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had the new Quest Q40 out Sunday. Field testing.
[attachment=9961]

It will find Canadian clad, it will find them to 6", deepest of any coins we found to day at the hunt site. There were targets past 9", I quit
digging for.

Excellent feature set, Comfy handle, balances well with the 9x11 coil, stable operation, easy to navigate menu. Found no programming
issues. I like it.

Found as many coins and amount as a friend did with his AT Pro in the surface to 6" depth range. Not implying its better than the AT Pro.
Just using it as a reference point as many are owners of an AT Pro can relate to.

And I dug a ton more trash as I needed to learn how this detector react when locating a target. Target ID's were easy to grasp........

In the end found about $8, two rings, one silver.

Overall, a wonderful detector.

Now if I can get a 5x9 and or 5" coil for it, think it could really be a trashy area clad magnet.

Todays finds not bad for a school that more than likely was hunted pretty hard in the past. Had another pile of trash to match.
[attachment=9962]

Thanks for the review!! I really don't need to start liking another machine!
That's what they all say.............................................Big Grin The Impact with 3 coils and the Q40 make a good combination.
Nice catch on the pile of clad and the silver ring. Congrats on using the Q40 well! Yes

Ed
Reference URL's