Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #40, Silver ID Bracelet, Wheats & a Buff!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spent the first 2 hours in a set of woods I've hunted a gazillion times but with newer settings. Complete bust! Skipped over a ravine and small stream to do an area I found a 34 merc in about 4 years ago. Soon as I get in about 5 minutes, find a no date Buff. Go doing the bog areas because the rest of the place is pretty overgrown and I remember a specific oak tree that was pretty big where I found that merc years ago. I find the tree and start doing the dried out bogs within about 50 feet of it. Real strong 83, 84 and loud and clear comes up about 20 feet from the tree. 1939 P Merc. So now I'm thinking to myself maybe I was on the wrong side of the stream when I started this trek!!! Chuckle

6 feet away from the 39 Merc I get a whopper 84, 85, 86, still in the bog and it's hard as a rock as well. Dig up 2 bits of chain, a ID plate and a clasp! All sterling silver!!!Yes

That's the second time I've ever dug a chain with anything that was supposed to be attached in six years! By now it's going on 6 pm and it's starting to get dark enough that I think I better head out. On the way out I dig up a 1955 D and 1921 wheat cent at two different spots! I could only guess that they were wheats because it was so shadowy in the woods I couldn't tell, until I got home.

When I did that area 4 years ago it was in the very early Spring. And the place was inundated with water. I left the bog areas out of the hunt back then.

Guess what! I'm going back the first chance I get!!!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Another nice adventure Ed. You keep on plugging away and I'll keep on reading. Are you trying to track down the bracelets owner? That's a real nice find.
(09-16-2017 07:54 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Another nice adventure Ed. You keep on plugging away and I'll keep on reading. Are you trying to track down the bracelets owner? That's a real nice find.

Thanks Shade but I'm not going to attempt to find the owner of the bracelet. If it were a HS or College ring I would, but it would be such a long shot to find the owner of this bracelet I'm not even going to try. BTW that woman who lost that gold HS ring I found a few months ago STILL hasn't called me back or emailed or anything. After a year of waiting it's going to the scrap gold pile. You can take a horse to water but you can't make them take a drink!!!No

Ed
Another great hunt from ODF! I like the ID bracelet. The bogs sure are paying off , I hope the weather holds so you can take us on another digging adventure.
Pat
PS I can't believe the lady still hasn't contacted you about that ring , at the very worst if it had bad memories connected to it it is worth melt value ......
Reference URL's