Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #41 & 42! IH and wheats!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been meaning to get to this area for a long while. The water was low enough to cross the river with sandals and was only lower calf deep.

When I first got in it was the higher area and I nosed around there for about an hour and found about a buck and a half in clad, mostly quarters. Looked like a little party spot for the young folk a while back.

Made my way through some overgrown and brush areas North to a larger section of woods with a huge storm runoff creek that was completely dry. Worked around that area and found the 2 Rosies in the same dig. About 3" down and the second one (the 48) was in a clump in the tailing pile of the dig.

Crossed over the dried creek and came up with the 1906 IH, a 1919, 1927 and iffy 19?9 wheat cents, all in about the same 10' x 10' area. Found about a dozen real heavy fishing weights a little more clad and tons of bottle caps and can tops. And golf balls, of all things! Must have been brought up in by river flooding. I think I'll take a pic of my golf ball collection next time I post. You won't believe it.

The 06 IH is in pretty good shape and was the largest surprise of the hunt. I was using the 8.5x11 coil with the new GB settings and I may take the Tornado back there before the water gets high again. Had to give my shoulder a little R&R for the past 2 weeks. Yes

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Nice haul Ed Yes
(09-16-2017 10:30 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Nice haul Ed Yes

Thanks Wayne! Hope you had a great birthday!Yes

Ed
Dang ODF, now I have to get out and find two more silver to keep ahead of you.lol, Congrats, nice finds!
More good work Ed. Your silver count is edging up steadily. You are right about the IH being in good shape, especially for your area where a lot of the cents get toasted.
Reference URL's