Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Gotta say it was a good day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The weather was great today. I hit a little park nearby. I dug my first old shotgun shell piece. It says Peters and I got a smaller piece that also says Peters. Found alot of small bullets. Some kind of fancy little triangular button or something. Some big iron pieces. A little clad. And a whole bag full of junk. Oh I almost forgot. I also got my first Barber dime 1902. And my oldest coin yet. An 1859 Indian head penny. It's a one of a kind year. It was the first year of the Indian head and they changed the design the next year. AWESOME day detecting.
Nice find Will!
Congrats on your first barber, Will!!! The first of many yet to comeĀ Yes

It was 62 here in NJ yesterday. I'm guessing you guys weren't too far off, eh? Still no rain, but, 60's in November can't be beat Happy

Go back and hit that spot again!

Joe
(11-17-2013 03:13 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on your first barber, Will!!! The first of many yet to comeĀ Yes

It was 62 here in NJ yesterday. I'm guessing you guys weren't too far off, eh? Still no rain, but, 60's in November can't be beat Happy

Go back and hit that spot again!

Joe

I remember the exact location of where I found the indian. There is an obvious marker right there. The barber was right in the same area, only a few feet away. I got the injun first and then the dime right after. I will be back there.
Nice finds with the Barber and IH. I wish you great luck on the re-search of that area. And it looks like you found a live 22 cartridge. I never find the peters brass in the parks, but have found a couple of those and Williams in the woods. Good detecting!
(11-17-2013 09:15 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds with the Barber and IH. I wish you great luck on the re-search of that area. And it looks like you found a live 22 cartridge. I never find the peters brass in the parks, but have found a couple of those and Williams in the woods. Good detecting!

Thanks Ohio. The live one is a 22. I was finding those little bullets and shells all over around where those coins were.
Congrats!!!!
Killer find on that first indian,barbers nice too. Congrats!
Reference URL's