Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #43 & 44 & A HEARTY Welcome to Fall 2017!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Crossing the river. Early this morning to a place I only did once. Found the bird band after 3 hours of searching. Bugged out and recrossed the river and back to the truck. The water felt fabulous as it was 86F at 12:30 PM. Early for me is 9 AM!! Chuckle Moved to another location. Crossed the river again. Actually wanted to go swimming or snorkeling. Been to this area 5 times prior. Scared up some deer first thing. One 8 point who was territorial and meant it. Left him alone and went around to an old trail I had some luck at. Picked up 2 wheats right off the bat. Then the going got tough. If it weren't for a slight breeze under the shade of the tall trees I would have called it, but I pressed on. Shadows were getting long. Met a friendly German Shepard who watched me dig a 36 Washington just before his owner showed. She said OMG, I didn't even see you. I said, You have a real nice dog! Off she went! Invisibility is key.

Kept working the area. Got a buff next to another wheat. Kept working the area. Shadows getting real long now. Bumped into the 1918 Merc on the last try at the edges of the trail. Leaves were real deep, a good 4 inches. Downed branches all over too. Bump blips all over the place.

So to sum it up, from this area I've pulled 3 Washington's, 1 Barber Quarter, 3 Mercury dimes, 4 Buffs and 12 wheats, as well as a handful of modern coinage. I got across the river at about 6 pm. There's a spot where I could sit on a rock and take off my TEVA Water sandals and no show socks, rinse out the sandals and socks and put my bare feet in the stream and enjoy the cool water. It was a wonderful way to say GOODBYE to the hottest, driest and most miserable Summer I've ever experienced.

Welcome Fall! The long shadows, the thought of Turkey and Pumpkins and the orange yellow carpet of the forests and overcast days! And as things cool down and hopefully start getting wet, I'm good to go! In a heartbeat.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed

Bonus:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_SrA3E6iOw
Wow what a great hunt ! I have tried detecting in this 90 degree heat and I just can't do it. Do you report the bird bands? I have only ever found 2 , but thought it was kind of fun to get the story of what kind of bird they were on and how long ago.
HH
Pat
(09-24-2017 07:30 AM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]Wow what a great hunt ! I have tried detecting in this 90 degree heat and I just can't do it. Do you report the bird bands? I have only ever found 2 , but thought it was kind of fun to get the story of what kind of bird they were on and how long ago.
HH
Pat

Thanks Pat!! I work out in the sun all day at the soccer fields and it's been brutal the last few weeks. Under the shade of the trees with a slight breeze it's not too bad, especially with wet socks and sandals! Yes I report them. Initially I thought it was kind of nice that they PDF you a certificate so you could proudly display your find, but at the rate I find them I'd run out of wall space and ink in a real hurry! Chuckle

Ed
Nice hunting Ed and congratulations! I always enjoy reading your stories, you have a way of bringing us alone. Thank you! Happy
Reference URL's