Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 2 hunts , 2 silvers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It feels good to be making a finds post , so often I am finding just clad or a lot of junk.
My first hunt was a quick dig everything challenge with an old hunting buddy who is just usually too busy to meet up. We met at a local park and agreed to dig every signal for 1 hour . My first few finds were several pull tabs and a couple of pieces of wire. This park has a drive through Christmas light display every year so bits of wire are everywhere. Then I started hitting memorial pennies , I only got a few of those. Up next to a climbing wall I got a shallow high tone , it was just under the gravel , my first dime of the hunt. It had to be a fairly fresh drop , but it is a 1961 Roosie. I almost just tossed it into my pouch , but my hunting buddy asked what year.
He got forty some cents in clad , a junk BFF charm and too many pull tabs. I wound up with just as many pull tabs , 3 zincolns and the Roosie. It was a fun challenge hunt , I am in hopes he will be able to meet up again so we can try a different challenge .
My second hunt was because the bug had bitten , I went to an old permission that has done well for me in the past. Targets are getting a little rare there so I started hitting the fringe areas , after a couple of junk targets and a nickle , I was stunned to hear a screaming high tone that hit from all directions. At a full 7 inches out pops Ben Franklin. It may as well have been the paper kind , it made me just as happy it is a 1948 Half . It has seen some wear , but it is still beautiful to my silver starved eyes. I worked this site for another hour until I was dripping with sweat without another find with any value , but I am still a happy camper.
Congrats on the silver and the BIG silver catches Digsit!! Yes Franklin still on my bucket list!

Persistence pays off!Yes

Ed
It is good to see you posting again Pat and what a way to do it! Congrats on the Franklin half---a really nice find. Happy for you.
Hell yeah Pat! I'm happy you scored some nice silvers! Well written too and I understand your excitement. Now for the picture, it is slightly fuzzy. But no harm, I know they are beautiful regardless of their condition. Thanks for sharing and I hope you find more. This should encourage you to get out there! HappyYes
Congrats on the Franklin, thay are hard to find.
Good deal!! Keep up the stories and pics
Reference URL's