Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #46 & REAL Strange Day at The Office!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Off I went back to that area and included some pics of the broken Blob Top bottle as well as some of that barbed wire I found in a downed dead tree; and some Oyster Mushrooms, of which I partook just a leaf or two for scrambled eggs tomorrow!

When, after doing a complete circumference of the barbed wire, as best as I could find it, nothing. Back at point A I decided to take a dead track down the center and start doing patterns as I found stuff. 30 feet into that venue I get a great 79 - 80 clear as a bell. Ground is pretty hard so I dig a 12" diameter hole bit by bit and test with the pin pointer, getting up a few times to sweep and re-target. Get this small disc like object, about the size of a 2 center and really have no idea what it is. Brush it a bit and see it's a Pfenni?e. I say okay, I'm going to put this away and look later because it's so thin I'm afraid I'll break it. (When I got it home and had a moment of solitary I found that it may be an 1852 or 62, 3 Pfennig from Prussia, holed no less! Hey, beats me, I only find the stuff!)

Start doing pattern around that spot. 20 feet away I find this 76 solid signal and say to myself, well there's nothing else here so I better dig it, bottle cap or not. Up comes this button looking thing that's heavy as lead but not. I'm thinking pewter, but what is it???

Then a ways away I found an annoying amount of 22 bullets. (Not shown.) So, like who I am, I try and figure out where they were shooting from. Bingo! Harmonica reed and trash! NO coins!

Getting late and my clock is showing 6 p.m. . I head out. The wife is going to kill me. I haven't checked in since 3 p.m.. I take the short way out and go along the edge of the forest along the road. I figure I'm dead already so lets detect it. 5 minutes from my exit from the area I get this screamer 82, 83. Real tight signal. Dig it. A 47 Roosie!

I get home to a wonderful spinach, onion, mushroom salad with garlic vinaigrette dressing, still cold from the fridge, a huge smothered in everything baked potato, and olive oil fried with onions bratwurst! After I clean up and settle in to eat, I get a few forks of salad in and then comes the question: "Why didn't you text me your location!" Here comes the indigestion! I'm beginning to think she is a mole!

And I love her too! Yes But I was busy......

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Well done again Ed, and another nice narrative. Regards to your Missus--a fine lady I think. You are living a good life.
Reference URL's