Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Big Silver to Finish September! #47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the Honey Do's and dog I took off around 12:30 p.m. to go walk the river trails but kinda zigzag on and off of them as I felt like. Half hour in 8 feet from the footpath I get this real loud 91-92 and clear as a bell. Now this area is loaded with cans and bottletops from river floods so I cross reference it and sure enough it stays loud and steady. It does not pass the hover test however but I'm fresh in and I dig it. Wasn't much of a dig because the pinpointer was overloading! 1" down out pops a beautifully toned 1942 Walking Liberty Half. Pretty good condition but a little damage on her face.

Another half hour goes by and I get another screamer but holding at 88-89. Brush away some leaves with my foot and I can see the back of a pocket watch staring at me! Cool, I think. Pull it out and it turns out to be a stopwatch with the engraving Cleve Bd. of Ed. No. 932. A foot away I get a 76, 77 signal and under some leaves is the winder knob, just laying there on the dirt! I gotta look this one up to get its age.

Then and hour goes by and I get this jumbled penny signal. Three wheats in about a 6 inch spot, 3 feet from what I later discover is a bunch of small rocks, fist sized, forming a small campfire ring about 18 inches in diameter!

Another hour goes by and now I'm deeper into the woods side of the trail and up comes a dog tag from Cuyahoga County, with a stamped date of 1921!

I spent another hour wandering about the woods with not much other than trash and headstamps. I didn't want to end September on the number 13, but it is what it is.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Cool stuff Ed/congrats on the bIG silver Yes
Awesome stuff! Love that big silver! Congrats
Way to go ODF , big silver is always awesome and the stop watch is an amazing find! I hope your great hunts keep coming.
Pat
What a way to finish out the month! That half is a real beauty and the watch is especially neat with it's historical identity.
I agree, you know how to close a month out! Congratulations! Happy
Reference URL's