Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1-IHP and #51>53 in a spill!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went back to the area where I found the barber half and spent some time doing a little better job of detecting only to find more bullets and one lonely 1906 IHP.

Moved on from that area and scoured all the high spots thinking that maybe they camped in a different area. No such luck.

After the third hour it was already around 4:45 p.m. and I thought I better start the trek to the truck. I was close to the road so I decided to stay about 40 feet from it and work this drainage gully edge on the woods side about a hundred or so feet long. About halfway to the truck I get a pretty good penny signal. Dig it, at 3 inches up comes a wheat. Re-sweep and now about 4 inches away I'm getting a quarter signal but it's bouncy. Dig it and it's a 34 Washington with a 41 Jeff right next to it. And in the tailings I find another wheat! Re-sweep and about 12" away I get a 78 through 84 and 86. Can't successfully target it so I just dig out a big swath of dirt! Out comes a no date SLQ and two more wheats! Re-sweep and about another 12" away I am getting a 78 thru 83 and again can't target it. Dig out another wide long mess of a plug and get a wheat, 46 Roosie and another wheat! This spill was probably just in one spot some time ago but over time I think the water from the drainage moved it along as the digs looked like a big mole moved in pretty much a straight line along the ditches top wood side edge.

Anyway, I'm happy! But it's strange because as I started the trek back to the truck I was saying to myself, "Someday's you get the bear, and someday's the bear gets you!"

And I thought I'd hammered this area 3 years ago. Shows you how much I know! Chuckle

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
You are on a tear now with the silvers---making up for lost time in a hurry. At this rate you might still have a shot at 100!
(10-04-2017 06:38 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]You are on a tear now with the silvers---making up for lost time in a hurry. At this rate you might still have a shot at 100!

Thanks Shade and only time will tell. I've hit that area pretty hard and am about out of options at this writing. Going to have to move to Happier Hunting Grounds.
The ground is so dry it's holding back the real depth capability of the machine. And there is no real rain forecast for us. Just hits and misses. We need about a week of steady rain, 3 or 4 inches just to make the ground damp. The river is down to a trickle in some spots.

Ed
hi Ohio dirt, interesting story your probably using a different machine than you used 3 yrs back thus the finds or failing that you for whatever reason didn't hit that specific area that you hit today. regardless nice finds!
Thanks Rock! I didn't hit that area with the SE Pro. The southern area was empty when I tried several times. So I kind of left it out of my searches.
I have a pro and a con. It would be wonderful to have you in my area to pickup some tips and shoot the breeze. (Pro) However, I probably would not be able to use the tips and would lose my job for not being able to focus. Knowing you are finding the little bit of silver left in this area. Then you would move on to the beaches to gather your treasures. LOL. Congratulations Ed on the finds and your expertise! Go get'em!

From my observation, you are a good guy to good people and your company would be considered real treasure! So come on down! Think
Reference URL's