Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Any Guess Might be a Good One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Background on this piece is an older dairy farm from around 1874 that was also one of a few cheese factories in the area. The entire 10 acre site is now a public municipal athletic complex with a medium sized brick community center that was built in the late 1940's and since expanded and updated. The site is sparsely riddled with slag hot rock from the mills which were probably hard pan roads to the barns/facilities for horse/horseless carriages. Found this at 11", 13" ultimate, Delta 4000, disc wide open to include iron, sense at 8 and a miserable muddy mess in windy 32+F degree weather after overnight storms. I'm thinking a latch to an old ice chest from the early 20th century. No markings of any sort but two rusted wood screws attached. Any Ideas?
Window lock?
Will.

Here's a photo for reference. That's a good thought.
I am going to guess window lock as well
Some old ice chests had locks similar to that.
I know exactly what that is!! Its the lock from my high school sweethearts chastity belt!!  Lost in 1982. lol,sorry feeling onery tonight.
(01-01-2014 11:43 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]I know exactly what that is!! Its the lock from my high school sweethearts chastity belt!!  Lost in 1982. lol,sorry feeling onery tonight.

HappyHappy  But were you the one to unlock it!!?? Laughing
I dont kiss and tell Ron!
looks like the latch on a older ice cooler
That's what I had thought too. Not the type we're used to like the old Coleman's. More like the ice cooler fridges of old where you put an ice block in. Is that what your thinking? Here's a pic I grabbed off of ebay to liken the one I have but it's not exactly the same.[attachment=1216]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's