Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: coinstar kindness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most of you know I can't get out with the detector much anymore, so I do my coinshooting at the local Coinstar machines. This morning I was happy to see a 1946-D Rosie, along with a few other coins as I left the grocery store. Last week the same machine yielded 2 dollar coins on one inspection. I don't know why folks don't look at the kickout tray, but whatever the reason is, I'm happy they don't.
Good eye Shade! Nice catch!

Ed
it's great to see you getting a silver fix. The coinstars are never that kind to me. Congrats.
Pat
Constars here are a ripoff, charge 15% and I never spot any coins in the spit out tray.No
Congratulation on the Silver! I yet to even find a coinstar machine. I know they are around, just never notice one at the stores yet. In my defense, my wife does most the shopping. Happy
Hi there Updown. Like you I was virtually unaware of the coinstars til I saw a post here (from Big Tony I think) about snagging a silver dime from a machine. I was aware that people used them but I just assumed all coins were counted---didn't even know there was a kick-out tray. Now I never pass a coinstar without taking a look. Sometimes they are empty but most days I find at least a few coins and from time to time good coins. Wheats and recent dollar coins seem to be rejected fairly often. One good thing about machine coins is that they are clean and not corroded as are most of my detected non silvers.
Reference URL's