Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: No gold for me, Just space rocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not getting out much since I started new constuction job. My 74 year old friend Mel that I used to hut the beachesin Orange county Ca. With years ago said he was staying in Vegas for a week and I needed to set up a hunt for gold nuggets for Saturday October 15. I called my buddy Dave who just pulled three one ouncers in a secret location and asked if we could tag along. We drove two hours in four wheel drive to the spot. Mel and I were swinging the GPX 4500 minelab and Dave was useing the GPZ 7000. Mel got the first signal - 29 gram condrite meteorite. Then I worked a verticle canyon and found four condrite meteorites weighing 220 grams. Then Dave dug a ten gram nugget and had Mel scan around the area and he pulled a 2 gram nnugget then dave said he had a deep target 3 foot down. He dug out a half ounce nugget that was just beautiful. Then it was time to pack up.
Nice work Leo! Meteorites are just as valuable as gold in some cases and congrats to your buds for the gold finds! Glad you were able to get out.

Ed
Looks like a fine outing Leo, with very impressive nugget finds. And I love the meteorites. I don't really have a "bucket list", but if I did, finding a meteorite would certainly be near the top. Do you find both metallic and stony ones out in the desert.
It's a bummer you missed out on the nuggets , but the space rocks certainly are a great find. I'm not sure I would recognize one if I found it. Congratson the fun hunt.
Pat
Wow, I like those nuggets. The space rocks are really cool too. If I had the opportunity to do that, I'm afraid I would catch the fever and die from dehydration. Very cool Leo, hope you get some big fat butter next time. Thanks for sharing. Happy
Reference URL's