Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #56 & Glad to get out!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the 11th I've managed the install of a new audio wireless broadcast system for the HS field and a new remote controlled LED scoreboard, replacing both systems in less than 10 days. Tuesday, after the scoreboard was finally up and working, I came home, ate supper and literally passed out in bed from stress and exhaustion. When everything absolutely, positively has to work, and it does, after getting every single little duck in a row, the sword of Damocles disappears. The stress, handshakes and smiles may be worth it, but it takes a hell of a toll on your psyche.

After settling down the last 2 days I decided to hit the woods today around 1 pm after work. Back to the area where I found the Barber Half but closer to the river. About an hour in I hit this 43S Merc. It was clear as a bell with 83, 84 in the digital. Got a lot of clad too, close to the river trail.

Then the wife called and asked if wanted to go out for a few beers and dinner. You know what my answer was.

It felt so good to be listening to tones in the phones and swinging the coil over the dense leaves. In four hours I found a silver, got some ideas on where to go next and forgot the prints and the contractors and the equipment and the worry.

Everything works, including the wife!

Dear God I love this hobby!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF

ps.... This is a WWII coin from San Francisco. Somebody was home on leave. Having fun or fishing down by the river. Maybe. But S mints aren't that prevalent around here.
Congrats on getting the work done and finding a nice merc . A new lead and a great wife round it all out, you truly have it good.
Best of luck on the next adventure with the "tones in the phones."
Pat
Hi Ed: It's nice to see you back again with a good find and interesting comments and philosophy. With so many of our regular stalwarts not posting here of late, you have become the voice of the forum in my eyes. You say "Dear God I love this hobby ! " ; I say the same about you. Best of luck in your MDing ventures and every thing else you undertake. And to our friends who have gone silent--please come back. I miss the banter, the discoveries, the enjoyment.
Congratulations on a couple of things! First the completion of the electronic scoreboard and the awesome hunt. Finding a sweet merc, and leads to a future hunt. Didn't think it could have gotten better, but it does. Dinner with wife including beers. Sweetness, wish we all had more days like that! Congratulations again!YesBeerHappy
Reference URL's