Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #57, old spot I did before!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surprisingly I found this in an area where I've found a number of more modern silvers but really never did under the bushes in a couple of spots during this past summer. It was pretty overgrown back then too. On the second bush I get a real nice high tone that's running from 81 to 85 and won't settle down. But it wasn't scratchy and it was pretty tight. About 6 inches down in some real rocky and root infested ground out pops this worn 1900 Barber Dime. I checked around the area to see if maybe it was a spill and redid all the bushes as best as I could get close. No such luck I'm afraid but at least I got a silver for the start of November. It was warm today, 47 F. That pic is on top of my snowmobile gloves and I was overdressed and perspiring pretty heavy as the territory there is a lot of up and down trips. And near there I found another one of those 50-70 shell casings in pretty good shape (not shown). And that was about it. I missed a couple of days hunting because we're closing up the fields for the season and for two days we've had some pretty crappy cold, windy and wet weather. The next two weeks promises warmer than normal weather and spotty light rain. So although I'm running out of places to go at least I'll have weather to go somewhere. Chuckle

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF
Hi Ed. Almost didn't get a chance to check in tonight, but I was glad I did when I saw that nice Barber. Doesn't matter that it is worn, still a great find. The old coins are elegant; so much nicer to look at than the newer ones. It's interesting how when you get things just right you can coax out the coins that were missed earlier. Nice job!

Take it easy on those hikes. The days start out chilly this time of year, then heat up surprisingly fast. Only thing missing is the humidity.

A little bird told me you will be the birthday boy tomorrow. I'll be away for a day or two, so I'm going to wish you a grand birthday just a bit early. Hope you enjoy every moment.
(11-01-2017 11:39 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ed. Almost didn't get a chance to check in tonight, but I was glad I did when I saw that nice Barber. Doesn't matter that it is worn, still a great find. The old coins are elegant; so much nicer to look at than the newer ones. It's interesting how when you get things just right you can coax out the coins that were missed earlier. Nice job!

Take it easy on those hikes. The days start out chilly this time of year, then heat up surprisingly fast. Only thing missing is the humidity.

A little bird told me you will be the birthday boy tomorrow. I'll be away for a day or two, so I'm going to wish you a grand birthday just a bit early. Hope you enjoy every moment.

Thank You Shade! Yes
Congratulations on the nice looking barber dime. It's beautifully worn and I wish I could find some old coinage. Only found one barber, it was a dime and it is so thin from corrosive from the dirt. But, I remember the joy of holding my 1st and only barber.

Ed you definitely know how to find the treasures. Good job and good luck!Happy
Congrats on number 57 and thanks for showing us the great Barber.
I gotta get busy , I've only got 46 more silvers to catch up with you....Tongue
Thanks for the great share
HH
Pat
Reference URL's