Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Barber and my first seated half dime!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went cellar hole hunting yesterday. I found 4 cellar holes, but the hogweed was way too high to get the coil down. On my way out, I tried my luck along the road going in to the settlement. The barber was just off the gravel road in a bare spot of field. To access the settlement, I had to drive across the salt water bay at low tide. While waiting for the tide to drop, I detected the roadway along the salt shore. Got a weird 04:22 on the Etrac on the surface. I flicked out a small disc, and after it dried, I could see "half dime"! It's in really bad condition as it has been driven over for most of its life. I can't get the camera to capture the date, but it's 1843 P. Thanks for looking!
Terrific finds Relic! Love that half dime! Yes Amazing how some coins are so deep and some are just up on the surface. Even the old ones! Nice hunt! Hope you have great luck on the trips there in the future! Sounds like a honey hole to me!

Ed
A barber and a seated in the same hunt , my hat is off to you , you have found another great site. I really like that half dime , you just don't see many of them dug.
I look forward to your return visits to this site.
HH
Pat
That's some good detecting Medic. And by the way, good to see you on the boards again. I've always felt you get a bonus with those old coins: not only silver but some history and a beautiful design to look at as well. Hit that spot again: I'm sure you'll be rewarded.
Nice digs there RM Yes
Thanks folks. Can't wait to head back there in the spring!
Congratulations on the Barber dime and your 1st half dime! Awesome finds, hope that area keeps on giving! Happy
Reference URL's