Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Finally! First Barber.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I left work a bit early today and hit an old park in Salt Lake.  This park has been hunted almost to extinction.  But the weather was nice so I went.  I ran into an old timer who had detected there in the 70's.  I didn't think I'd get that elusive Barber and neither did he.  I was swinging around the massive oak tree's and heard the smallest hint of a good signal (you know the tones I'm talking about).   I really didn't think much of it so I kept going.  I thought about the signal for another 10 minutes and decided to go back.  I swung over it and there it was, the slightest high tone, but it stuck.  I dug down about 10 inches and couldn't find it with my pro-pointer.  So I widened the hole a bit and started scooping out dirt by hand.  Out flopped an 1898 Barber!  I know it's not much but, when you haven't dug one then it is.
This will be the start of many more to come. You will always remember were you found your first! Great find.
Nice one!
Nice one,hope you get more.
Congratz!
Still having to learn to trust those whisper tones myself. Wink
Thanks!  I have found many silvers and I also found a US gold dollar. Strange that this is the first Barber?
Nice! Barbers are always welcome Happy The first of many more to come Yes

Joe
Nice coin!
NICE!!  Congrats on your first barber
Great find. I know how you feel. I just recently found my first Barber too. It was also in a very well hunted park.
Reference URL's