Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #66 Thru 69! Same woods!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And another 36 Merc and 52 Roosie (this time Plain)! Surprise was the 48 Washington and 42 Merc in the same hole and sandwiched together. This was 2 hours this afternoon in the woods I've recently detected but more in the saplings and brush. Today with the 8.5 x 11 coil because I wanted to see if anything was deep. In reality all of them were no more than 3" down.

If you look close at the back of the quarter in the enclosed out of the hole shot you can see where the Merc laid up against it.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING to anybody that's actually out hunting.

Ed
Way to go Ed , you are the Energizer Bunny of the detector world. Three mercs and a Washington in one hunt is impressive. I have managed time to hunt , but have no post worthy finds.
I hope the weather holds for you so we get to share in more of your great finds.
HH
Pat
Man = killin it in those woods there Ed Yes

Wish I had some woods that gave up silver by the truckload around here Chuckle
Dang ODF, you passed me up, I just got to #65 today.
I bow down to the master of silver. Congrats!
I started a new job working for Target in online fulfillment.
Construction was too much work and low money and I was too tired to detect.
Way to go Ed! I check in every day to see your latest installment. Love to see those silver coins. I believe you could write a book on woods and "off the beaten track" hunting. What do you think? Lots of hunters would like to know more of your techniques and ideas.
Thanks guys! I'm just getting lucky lately. But I will say it's all about location. For some reason (That I will not disclose, because I found out and that may give my location away.) the area I've been hunting was used repeatedly during the 40's thru 60's. Between recently and last year I've found 14 silvers in and around that area. So I may hit it a few more times before the year ends but from this point on it's going to be brambles, saplings and bushes because I've hammered the open areas. Thanks again and get out there and detect. You can't find anything looking at maps all day!

Ed
(11-27-2017 10:40 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Way to go Ed! I check in every day to see your latest installment. Love to see those silver coins. I believe you could write a book on woods and "off the beaten track" hunting. What do you think? Lots of hunters would like to know more of your techniques and ideas.

Thanks Shade! I dare say it would be a real small book! Happenstance is the word I can use freely. No secrets to my method at all. 1) Go out and search the woods. 2) When you run into pulltabs, old beer bottles, bits of foil and suspect campfire rings where it's nothing but deep woods, stop and start doing patterned circles. Boom, silver! Old trees and old tree potholes are a clue as well as nice flat and empty spots in the middle of nowhere. And that about covers it. Lot of tromping around to find them as they are not on any maps or in any literature, so you have to go find them, which is all part of the fun! I also have a great friendship with an old timer who used to trap in those same woods and he's told me about all the areas the trappers would run their strings of traps in. They used to have a lot of fun out there in days gone by and left clues all over the place. There's no real magic to the method, just a lot of covering the ground and thinking like a game hunter in reference to the site.

Ed
Reference URL's