Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Great Hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tony came out of hibernation today, and we hit a 'newish' spot. Tried it before but ground was too hard. The monsoon we had last week did the trick. Ended up with 8 silvers between us - 5 for Tony & 3 for me. I got 3 mercs, including a heartstopper date. I also got an 1899 Indian & 15 wheats. Weather was perfect, about 50 and sunny. Hope it continues. Added some pics and short video for your viewing pleasure. Bear with me, this filming stuff is a bit trying, lol.

Joe

Nice going on all the nice coinage and the  video .YesYes
Nice job!! Are you two gonna rehit your seated spot while the ground is moist???
Today was a great day, we deserve a day like today for all the hours we put in, reminds me of the good old days, just think doing this every trip like in the 1980s!!! Hopefully we can get a few more trips in before it snows, by the way great video.
Yes
(12-01-2013 11:25 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Nice job!! Are you two gonna rehit your seated spot while the ground is moist???

I've been back there a few times already, Ray. Aside from some mercs, a buffalo & other doodads, nothing too great. Not a bad idea you suggested though Wink Might try & make it there this week if I can play hooky from work!

Joe
Great finds!   You Jersey boys did amazing!  Loved the video.  The Mercs look beautiful.
Nice hunt guys!!  Glad to see you using the video to capture a little real time action!!
Grass looks great from that angle!! Wink

Glad the weather is cooperating and letting you get out!
(12-02-2013 02:54 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Nice hunt guys!!  Glad to see you using the video to capture a little real time action!!
Grass looks great from that angle!! Wink

Glad the weather is cooperating and letting you get out!

Ron, holding the camera and digging is damn near impossible! I don't know how you guys do it Yes The alternative is having to break out tripods & all sorts of equipment to get good shots, but, your mind isn't on the hunt at that point anymore, you've turned into a cameraman. I enjoy detecting more Happy

P.S. - Tony's like the Amish when it comes to newfangled technologies like cell phones. Him holding the camera is out of the question. Heck, I'm still amazed he can use his phone to make a call, lol. I love you T-man!

Joe
(12-02-2013 08:38 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Ron, holding the camera and digging is damn near impossible! I don't know how you guys do it Yes 

Yeah, turf hunting and relic hunting is a bit different with a camera.  I use a pick that I can swing with one hand so it does make it a bit easier.  For two handed digging you have to train Tony how to hold that little square talking box and how to push that round dot on the screen!! Happy
Reference URL's