Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Got out for a couple short hunts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I got a chance to get out in a picked corn field but didn’t find much cause of frozen ground. I found only a few buttons.
And a big piece of iron

Today I went to an old farm house and it’s one of the hardest places to hunt because of an electric fence that gives out a pulse every half second or so and when it does it gives an 80’s signal on my detectors. It effects all of the the same. So twice on every full swing I get a good beep! Have to stop and reswing over it several times to see if it’s repeatable. I did manage to find a “Marmello” lid, $.46 in clad, 2 wheat pennies(one is a 1910) and 1941 mercury and a cheap set of earrings and a ring. Sure was good getting out!
Nice haul OTH!! YesBeer Those electric fences can be a real task! So are the invisible fences for dogs! Glad to hear you could get out and find some nice stuff to post. We're iced out up here now, but T, W & Th look real good.

Ed
Good work in difficult conditions. Fences are always tricky and even more so when you add electricity. Odd to find both parts of an earring pair; and I'm wondering how that came to be (lost with the ring maybe?). Happy to see someone able to get a weather break and actually do some detecting.
It's awesome to see finds being posted , we have several inches of snow on the ground and it sleeted and then snowed on top of it this morning. I have to live vicariously through people like you.
Love the Merc and any ring is a fun find in my book. I would have to be on a site I thought would produce well to fight that hard with the electric fence , kudos for toughing that one out.
Thanks for sharing with us.
HH
Pat
Good stuff OTH

nice to get out I bet!
Thanks everyone. I got a new permission, an 1812 built house but I want to wait until the ground drys up. It’s hard to cut and replace a clean plug right now and they keep a nice yard.
Reference URL's