Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Wanting a Minelab equinox 800
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I’m looking to purchase a Minelab Equinox 800. I put an add up in the classifieds but don’t know if everyone checks them so I thought I’d post here also. Thought I’d give the dealer/sponsors on here my business
Why not? With the Enox being the only thing anyone wants to talk about these days it's hard not to catch the bug. Be sure to give David River Team Six Metal Detectors a shot , I know I did when they first announced the release. I would probably have one by now but backed away when I saw Minelab's rating for it's discrimination ability to be about equal to the Safari and under the Etrac and CTX. I already have two fast recovery type detectors with Safari type discrimination and don't need a third. I'm back on David's list again but don't know at what number nor how many units he's getting with each shipment.

I hunted CTX to Enox with a friend a couple of days ago I hunt with regularly who is giving the Enox a go after years on an Etrac and was pretty unimpressed with the machine or the finds he made. It was one of those hunts which , unlike all the fan boys hunts , we went to a place full of trash that we had hunted many times and DID NOT find anything world shattering with the Enox. However , it's lighter than either of the better units and has a lot of possibilities. I'll still try one if I can get one with the small coil , the large coil will just turn you into a digging machine in the trashy parks I usually hunt. I think it's a beach and relic machine which can hunt clean modern parks and soccer fields with great success but a lot of detectors can do that.

Obsolescence? ,,,that's Minelab's marketing bullsh!# Only people who really believe that are the ones pimping it for the corporationWink
OTH, I was ready to sign up for one but realized I need to spend time learning the Nokta Impact I received about three weeks ago.
So to learn two new machines at one time would be too confusing for me right now.
I might jump in maybe this fall.
Best of luck no matter which way you go.
Thanks for the input guys. Bigtony, the Impact right now is my go-to machine. My water machine is my excal II. Looking to try the Equinox to see if it can got in somewhere into my arsenal!
OTH, way cool, So far I like the Impact but only have about 8 hours on it.
So far I can’t decide which mode to use for park silver or gold.
I’ll start a testing regiment next week if I get time and better weather.
Good luck if you jump into the NOX, some folks have found gold earrings at beaches with it.
(03-09-2018 02:44 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]OTH, way cool, So far I like the Impact but only have about 8 hours on it.
So far I can’t decide which mode to use for park silver or gold.
I’ll start a testing regiment next week if I get time and better weather.
Good luck if you jump into the NOX, some folks have found gold earrings at beaches with it.

I mainly Hunt in VLX2 with 30 disc and 20 htz or DI 3 program
OTH, I like using VLX2, it helped me land the 1986 Kennedy half. It came up 93 and it was about 7 inches deep using factory defaults.

Thanks for those settings , I’ll try them on my next hunt.

I was thinking of using DEEP, because chart says it’s for both gold and deep silver using 14khz.
V2 doesn’t list both of those in the chart at back of manual.
(03-09-2018 10:24 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]OTH, I like using VLX2, it helped me land the 1986 Kennedy half. It came up 93 and it was about 7 inches deep using factory defaults.

Thanks for those settings , I’ll try them on my next hunt.

I was thinking of using DEEP, because chart says it’s for both gold and deep silver using 14khz.
V2 doesn’t list both of those in the chart at back of manual.

I switch to DEEP to check some of my quieter/deeper targets. The numbers on deep are quite a bit different than on the other programs I Run. Seems to run a lot higher
Now that to me is funny. I did that on a few targets in my last outing.
That makes me feel like I am learning.
Thanks,
Tony
(03-09-2018 11:23 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Now that to me is funny. I did that on a few targets in my last outing.
That makes me feel like I am learning.
Thanks,
Tony

I’ve only been using mine since August so I’m still very much learning!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's