Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: a little more mountain sterling.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went back to the mountains yesterday for a few hours,very hard to find a signal now.first I dug a few bullet shells then got a nice high tone and thought maybe a clad quarter,after digging it out, I had a military pin(oak leaf) says sterling on the inside,then more bullet shells,then another high tone. Turned out to be a silverspoon,u.s.n. thanks for lookin!
Caught this post floating in the archives. really interesting find for the mountains.
the way you dig silver, they could put you on the moon and you would find silver coins .
really nice finds
where you able to date the time of service for the spoon.
i found a USN silver spoon about 5 or 6 years ago. must have been officers tableware . now i know where all our tax dollars go .
here`s the one i found ... any ex navy members able to tell me who may have used it .
makers mark - international silver co .
[attachment=3674][attachment=3675][attachment=3676][attachment=3677][attachment=3678]
Your looks 
more ornate than mine.
(10-11-2014 12:14 AM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Your looks 
more ornate than mine.

Silver is silver in my books ...
i have always lived near military towns. although a cool find and not expected finding my spoon wasn`t that odd, but, finding a USN silver spoon in the mountains is kinda interesting. pretty fine dining for a hiker or climber ...
really cool find ...
never did it before now, but just looked them up. i just found the one i have on this link. WWI WWII ( Vietnam Korea era ) ...
http://www.thepirateslair.com/naval_navy...html#link1
yours also looks to be a 1940`s 1950`s USN spoon . and a bit more rare than mine from what i can find .
Nice spoons for the both of you!! The NAVY is everywhere. They trained carrier pilots in Nevada, California, Arizona and New Mexico. I had a buddy years ago who spent his entire 6 year hitch in the NAVY in Arizona, guarding unmentionables they were in charge of. Ya know those real big boom thingy's.

Ed
Reference URL's