Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: DI4 mode Relic time in a NJ Park - LOL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys and gals, I used DI4 mode as MRH said he uses to light up the ground. I understand what he meant, thanks MRH.
I used a little more gain, like 74 or 75 and iron sound down to F3. Ground Balance was different 77, 70 and a 69 - that was all of the changes I made in DI4.

There were more targets in this hunted out park. I was lucky enough to pull up a spigot or a gas cock (not sure but it is probably late 20' or 30's).
Next relic was a 2 iron heal from a 2 iron golf club. (last week I found a 3 iron heal on a defunct golf course, crazy I know).
The house key, two clock brass parts, a square key fob, learning success pin, two memorials stuck together - all came up as quarters - vid wise.
The three play tokens, no cash value were just under the grass. This detector alerts you to a surface target by a tingle sound. Use my screw driver to pick those up.
Now the wheat cent a 1934. It came up a 96 - 97. That should have been a dollar coin (according to the manual). The only other thing in the hole was the bottom of an old milk bottle. I toss out due to the glass had jagged edges.
The two nickles came up normal as did a few dimes that thought they were silver.

Best of luck to all,

Tony
But that's a good hunt Tony as you are getting stuff out of the ground that may interfere with the real good stuff deeper. That's what MRH is doing every time he goes out to that site. I run into that situation all the time and sometimes I do and sometimes I don't dig. I've become such a cherry picker in the grass that's it's a help and yet a curse as I know that I'll be back to try and crunch the site again and deal with the same noise. It's like I told Cladjunky a couple of weekends ago, I swing in the woods with all abandon because there are NO signals until I reach a trash site. Then I slow down and pick my way around it, albeit not like the grass areas I've been working but none the less a lot easier than them.

So those are some great finds and some personal experience and memory that gives you an edge the next time out. I'm so tired right now from looking at the screen and listening today that I'm hitting the sack early to catch up on some energy! GL next time out there. Go over the same ground and pattern it. See what comes up. Yes

Ed
Thank you ODF, Ed. Yeah, it was a good hunt. It is always good when you go over an area and find more stuff.

Who knows maybe the next time I go there I will use a larger coil and see if there are deeper finds.

My legs are real tired from today's hunt. I didn't expect to stay all afternoon but I kept going, just trying to find that elusive silver.
Maybe I should start searching for gold items. That is my next thing to learn on this machine, where do rings and or pendants hit.

Best of luck,

Tony
That's a nice pile of stuff , I always have to remind myself Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs but struck out over 1300 times. Those silvers (and hopefully golds) will come if you just keep swinging. Well it is a matter if it ain't there you won't find it. In my neck of the woods park silvers are rare , but they do happen.
I have been jealous of the people swinging new machines , but the kids are getting closer to college and life just happens. I enjoy reading your posts about the new hardware as well as MRH and a couple others. I am hoping you all find the good shiney stuff and tell us your stories.
HH
Pat
Neat Gas valve there Tony Yes

It's been a long time since I found one myself but I do like them as they're all a little different yet ornate at the same time.

Di4 on the impact is a deep mode and very telling (especially on coins and the like).

It does sound to me like you could still turn it up a bit though (the gain) as long as the EMI isn't too bad but I can usually run at 85 and higher in most places which will get you a bit more depth (a good inch or more).

If she starts to chatter just decrease it a number or 2 or until stable (maybe some places you could only run 80 gain) while others 85/88 or even 90+

Let us know how you do,

HH
(05-02-2018 08:02 AM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]That's a nice pile of stuff , I always have to remind myself Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs but struck out over 1300 times. Those silvers (and hopefully golds) will come if you just keep swinging. Well it is a matter if it ain't there you won't find it. In my neck of the woods park silvers are rare , but they do happen.
I have been jealous of the people swinging new machines , but the kids are getting closer to college and life just happens. I enjoy reading your posts about the new hardware as well as MRH and a couple others. I am hoping you all find the good shiney stuff and tell us your stories.
HH
Pat
Pat, thanks buddy. Yeah, we all keep going out and hitting the same spots. I for one must find new turf for sure. I have reached out to several folks in the club so I can get
a hunting partner. So, hopefully that will change.
Please don't be jealous, hang in there and it will come by for you.

Best of luck,

Tony

(05-02-2018 02:22 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Neat Gas valve there Tony Yes

It's been a long time since I found one myself but I do like them as they're all a little different yet ornate at the same time.

Di4 on the impact is a deep mode and very telling (especially on coins and the like).

It does sound to me like you could still turn it up a bit though (the gain) as long as the EMI isn't too bad but I can usually run at 85 and higher in most places which will get you a bit more depth (a good inch or more).

If she starts to chatter just decrease it a number or 2 or until stable (maybe some places you could only run 80 gain) while others 85/88 or even 90+

Let us know how you do,

HH
Thanks MRH. Yes they are a bit ornate and that is definitely appealing.

Next time I get out I'll try to boost it up a bit.

Tony
(05-01-2018 10:48 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you ODF, Ed. Yeah, it was a good hunt. It is always good when you go over an area and find more stuff.

Who knows maybe the next time I go there I will use a larger coil and see if there are deeper finds.

My legs are real tired from today's hunt. I didn't expect to stay all afternoon but I kept going, just trying to find that elusive silver.
Maybe I should start searching for gold items. That is my next thing to learn on this machine, where do rings and or pendants hit.

Best of luck,

Tony

Thanks Tony!

You know a lot of the parks we have here now were old homesteads and trash areas that were pretty much off the beaten path 100 or more years ago. I know of one park I hit often that was a rural campground which is now a park of a very active suburban location. I know this and yet I think to myself, "Wow, if people from 125 years ago could see what it is now."; traffic zooming by, kids on swings, people jogging, bicycling, walking their dogs, picnicking; and it always makes me wonder. You are fortunate enough to live in an area that goes back 400 years. Look at those parks Tony, real, real good. Nobody knows what the past is all about exactly, until you find out little by little, deep in the ground. Some may have been a couple's dream property, or a homestead, or a camp, or just a plain old farm field. But someone was on it at some time in the past.

It's out there. It takes a lot of work and imagination and motivation. And I know you know but it takes a Detectorist just like you Tony to find out.

Go get em'!

Ed
Reference URL's