Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #18 FTY Real beat 1917 Merc!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tried additional new settings today. Out for about 2 hours over ground I've hit a lot. But this time I turned the Recovery from just plain Deep to Deep&Fast because I thought it would speed up the digital. I've never liked Fast by itself, but this Deep&Fast setting seems to do the trick in real trashy areas and does speed up the digital for better separation than just tone alone. Merc was at 8" down in a real mix of dirt, humus, shale chips, etc... Loud and clear at 28 sense an hit it just off of center for targeting. The sides of the hole kept falling back in and I had to glove scoop it out. Turned out not in the hole after that and found it laying on the leaves about 4" away. Pretty beat, thin and no reeding left for a merc that old but I'll take it!

GL&HH out there and have fun!

Ed
Ed, changing stuff again has help you out, congratulations on that cool find.

It sure looks like plenty of ice creams were bought with that coin, but it is silver and makes me smile too.

Best of luck,
Tony
Nice, thin dime.
Once again your hard work has paid off. Even all beat up the merc is a great coin. Thanks for sharing it with us.
HH
Pat
One thin dime is better than no dime at all!!

Good job Ed
Thanks guys! Been tough out there. Beginning to wonder if there is new territory sometimes. But I will say I'm getting more beat every day. Ain't getting any younger for sure!

Ed
Reference URL's