Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Beginners settings for CTX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks. A friend of mine just bought a CTX and it will be arriving today. His first hunt with it will be on Friday when he hit some cellar holes. Can anyone offer up a good beginner program/mode/settings that I can set up for him? He has never used a minelab before, and I use an Etrac. I want to keep it simple for him so he doesn't get frustrated on his first time out. There's lots of iron around and target depth varies. Thank you in advance
Sorry, I can’t help at all!!
I'll try one more time.
Going to a cellar for the maiden voyage may be rugged duty , especially if there is modern trash about and hopefully you have the 6"coil.
Regardless , set it up with a two tone ferrous type mode with the relic disc pattern that only blocks out the upper left and lower right corners. Ferrous coins separation if the iron is bad , auto +3 , fast on , deep off. Adjust the bins in combined for about 200 hz or below in the iron bin (Fe higher than 24)and all the others at 1200 hz and dig all the high tones. You can use the VDI#s to do your own cherry picking after you get a handle on what's in the ground and do your own dig or not deciding after you find out what's there.
(05-08-2018 05:15 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try one more time.
Going to a cellar for the maiden voyage may be rugged duty , especially if there is modern trash about and hopefully you have the 6"coil.
Regardless , set it up with a two tone ferrous type mode with the relic disc pattern that only blocks out the upper left and lower right corners. Ferrous coins separation if the iron is bad , auto +3 , fast on , deep off. Adjust the bins in combined for about 200 hz or below in the iron bin (Fe higher than 24)and all the others at 1200 hz and dig all the high tones. You can use the VDI#s to do your own cherry picking after you get a handle on what's in the ground and do your own dig or not deciding after you find out what's there.

Best reply I got yet! Thank you!
Reference URL's