Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Coin shooting today - farm yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys and gals, yesterday I went to a farm with two friends and didn't even get any cool relics or coins. Just iron parts but nothing special.
One buddy did get a toasted Indian head cent.

Today, I was tired from that long adventure in the fields so I stayed close to home and went coin shooting. I have to learn this machine VDI numbers and it's settings.
I tried to locate some more of those play tokens and I was able to grab three of them. They hit on the Impact at 70, DI4 mode and F3 with low gain at 70.
I also want to learn where gold hits, so far it alludes me - I'll have to try again in wet weather or beach hunts.

Oh the brass and wire in the photo are from today. Clean coins are from newly installed gym equipment - just under the wood chips. Man it paid off nicely.

Best of luck to all,

Tony
Maybe there's no gold or silver there , but that was still a successful hunt. That clad helps pay for batteries or drinks or whatever keeps you going. I may grumble about no silver or gold , but a bunch of clad sure does help offset that.
Good luck on your quest for the yellow shiney!
HH
Pat
Nice haul! Some days clad is the lifesaver and the tokens make up for the rest! Best of luck next time out on the farm. They are real hard to detect and you have to hit them continuously to get anything at all. If there were homesteads on the property then you may have some better luck if you can find them.

HH Tony!

Ed
(05-10-2018 07:34 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe there's no gold or silver there , but that was still a successful hunt. That clad helps pay for batteries or drinks or whatever keeps you going. I may grumble about no silver or gold , but a bunch of clad sure does help offset that.
Good luck on your quest for the yellow shiney!
HH
Pat
Thank you Pat! Yeah it helps pay for stuff and if there is gold in the future that will help pay for equipment too!

Tony

(05-10-2018 07:58 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice haul! Some days clad is the lifesaver and the tokens make up for the rest! Best of luck next time out on the farm. They are real hard to detect and you have to hit them continuously to get anything at all. If there were homesteads on the property then you may have some better luck if you can find them.

HH Tony!

Ed
Thanks Ed! I love clad especially the ones you can spend right away.

The amount of walking on that farm wore me out but you are right - you have to find that sweet spot.

Tony
Reference URL's