Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Coppers and mid 1700s gun parts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spent the morning at a 1700s site where I dug the rev war navy coat button a few days ago. Let's just say I'm not disappointed with the results. Managed to get some coppers again today. 1815 Halifax half penny token, KG III, Indian head penny, 1859 Canadian penny, draped bust, and a slick copper. Dug some buttons as well. Another Rev War anchor and chain navy button, slick pewter and a couple of tombacs. It was a pleasant surprise to get the coil over a cool ramrod guide. I was just thinking at that moment, that someone must have threw out a collection of guns because at that point, I found a trigger guard, small barrel band and the guide. Walked a few feet and dug a mid 1700s British flintlock pistol butt plate! I'll have to revisit that area and see if there are more gun parts to find. Thanks for looking!
Relic, those are some cool finds for sure, congratulations! And your knowledge of them is interesting to say the least. Most folks wouldn't know what they are.

Best of luck,

Tony
That looks like a great site. I too am impressed by your knowledge of what the parts are. I hope you dig some more.
HH
Pat
Those are really awesome finds. Looks like your on a hot spot for sure!!
Great spot and congrats on all especially the pistol butt plate! And WOW! That's an Archaeology dig at the rate your going! Great detecting Relic!Yes

Ed
Reference URL's