Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Change settings and tried a hunted out park one more time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys and gals, I really need to get out to another area - this hunted out park is done until they send in a back hoe!

Anyway, I just wanted to try different settings, Tone break at 40 - DI3 mode - and Audio tone second position at 90----yikes! Oh and gain at 90 too.

I went straight into a heavy trash area and found three clad quarters right off the bat. Man did the tone stand out - I couldn't miss them in these settings.

I roamed around and hit a 1/2 ounce sinker and a brass buckle - possibly a shoe buckle - the back has brass folds to hold the buckle on.

I got one terrific hit and it was a 1942 D wheat cent that I am holding in the photo. Bunch of clad and stuff (stuff not shown it's in the trash/recycle bin already).

Best of luck to all,

Tony

Grand kids are coming tonight for one week so that is it until the beach hunt next week.
Wow , new setting and nice finds. There seems to be a theme here.
Have fun with the Grandkids , and I look forward to seeing more fun finds from you.
HH
Pat
Thanks Pat. Yeah I like changing things and digging signals that I wouldn't normally.

Like the 1/2 ounce sinker - it rang up at a 40 VDI on the Impact but real smooth. Depending on the setting 40 is a break point for iron. So I would like to see more of those
VDIs - low 40's and see what turns up.
The wheat was a solid 84 and loud and clear - I know I have been over these area's - it goes to show you can't get it all.

With the grand kids - you know I'll be busy.

Tony

Happy Mother's Day to any mothers who are reading these posts!
Thanks for your new settings. I might try them on a couple of my spots. I just got the Equinox 800 so I’m trying to learn it too
Congrats on enjoying the new settings. It's strange and great that we can go over sites with new settings and actually find new stuff. Rain got me today but for some clad and 2 wheats, 41 & 58. But same deal, been over that ground a dozen times, up pop 2 wheats. Makes me wonder what I really missed on all the other sites I hunted!

Keep up the great detecting!

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!

Ed
(05-12-2018 01:27 PM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your new settings. I might try them on a couple of my spots. I just got the Equinox 800 so I’m trying to learn it too
Your welcome OTH and best of luck with the NOX.

I hear it is a hot machine.

Tony

(05-12-2018 03:59 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on enjoying the new settings. It's strange and great that we can go over sites with new settings and actually find new stuff. Rain got me today but for some clad and 2 wheats, 41 & 58. But same deal, been over that ground a dozen times, up pop 2 wheats. Makes me wonder what I really missed on all the other sites I hunted!

Keep up the great detecting!

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!

Ed
Thanks Ed.
It is strange for sure. The old guys would say that you have to approach each site at different angles. Now I kinda understand what they meant.
By using different patterns the machine sees items and can lock onto more targets.

best of luck,

Tony
Reference URL's