Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #21 FTY, 4 Wheats, No Camera!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Same park, same scenario! This is getting redundant but it is what it is! This time however, I found this Merc with no digital that could be construed as a silver whatsoever. The tone was there but the digital was all over the place except for it not being an iron type signal. On the first plug I dug a beavertail and a twist tie. Put that all back together and stomped on it so I could flatten the ground and re-swept it. Still no definitive digital at all but a firm strong high tone that I know is silver any day of the week. Dug another crescent shaped plug alongside the original and sticking out of the side near the bottom of the new hole (~5 inches) I see the back of a Merc. And I left my PHONE (aka Camera) in the car the whole hunt! Recover the Merc and nose around the hole with the pinpointer and find a folded over aluminum pull cap and a ringed pulltab. So now I'm believing you guys with the 40 and 50 digital ID limits on your machines in that you dig on tone primarily. Not that I didn't believe you before, but ya know, I had my doubts. Well I just proved it to myself. Now I'm thinking, "Holy Cow! What might I have passed up in the woods?"

The one wheat in the upper left corner is a 41D and was so rough and deep (8") I thought it was an IHP at first because it was "Digital" IHP from all directions.. The others are a 44, 58 and 45.

This low and slow technique is making me real happy! Wink

GL & HH out there! And Have Fun!

Ed
Ed, your low and slow technique has got you real excited, congratulations on #21!

WTG,

Tony
Congrats ODF, YOUR ONLY A DOZEN behind me!
Reference URL's