Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Initial thoughts of the Equinox 600
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I took it on its maiden voyage this morning to a shoreline that has produced some decent finds. I ran it:
Field 2
Multi frequency
Iron bias 1
Sensitivity 20
Threshold just audible
Recovery speed 3
I can say this: if there is a button hidden anywhere at my cellar hole sites, the Nox is going to find them! Man it hits hard on mid and low conductors!!! Even the smallest piece is no match for it. It sniffed out a button shank, without the button! I got the coil over a few high conductors as well (brass gas fitting handle) and it was loud and clear. The tones are much different than what I'm used to with the Etrac, but eventually my ears will get accustomed to it. It seems to be very well balanced and I could easily swing this thing all day. I didnt experience the shaft wobble, as described by other users. The display is easy to see and the menu is very straight forward. The only thing that I'm not too fond of, is the shaft build. I like the locking mechanism on the etrac much better than the push pin style.
This was pretty interesting: We tried a nail test, using 4 big square nails and a copper. His CTX only hit it one way, and was so scratchy when it did hit, that he said he wouldn't have dug it. The Nox nailed it in all directions. We replaced the copper with a thin, beach abused Canadian silver 5 cents (size of a US half dime) and positioned it in the middle of the nails. Neither detector hit it, no matter what settings we tried. I moved the nails out, about 2-3" from the coin, and the Nox saw it in both directions. The CTX didn't. The proof is in the pudding! I can't wait for this snow to melt so I can try it at my pounded sites. I have a feeling it's going to be a great year!
Reference URL's