Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Recent Relic Hunt -Seated Qtr and Nice relics!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great video again R&M.
Awesome finds - beautiful spots and vid.
(as usual!)

That canister must've been made in Europe as its def a green man and wasn't popular in America yet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man

Mark's thimble with a name is incredible.
That kind of personal tie to a relic is so cool (and rare)

that "20" plate do you think it was for a hotel key?

p.s. dude you're getting spoiled when a barber is disappointing ;P
(01-02-2014 01:32 AM)micahmoore Wrote: [ -> ]That canister must've been made in Europe as its def a green man and wasn't popular in America yet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man

Micah,

Thanks for the info.  Very interesting!!  Always enjoy getting more info on a find!!  I appreciate the link!!
Sheet, Ron, you guys are freakin killing those seateds...and a quarter to boot! You wanna get rich, sell fractional timeshares of your magic hunting spots to hunters. They'll find a ton of stuff, and you'll be loaded...I'll be the first to sign-up Happy Give props to Mark on that seated for me Yes

BTW, be thankful, my friend. Gonna be 16 here FOR THE HIGH TOMORROW, and a blizzards blowin in tonight with about a foot of snow! Nice to be able to detect in January, Ron Yes

P.S. - Good call on the green man, Micah. I was dead sure it was a Kabuki face when I saw it, but, that link you posted makes better sense Happy

P.P.S. - YES, you're becoming a diva, Ron Tongue "Only" a barber...HA, lol!!!

Joe
(01-02-2014 07:59 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]P.P.S. - YES, you're becoming a diva, Ron Tongue "Only" a barber...HA, lol!!!

Joe

Yeah, we make those comments to jab at the turf hunters. 

Most forums I can post a pile of great relics and get 3-4 comments and then someone posts a1964 Rosie and gets 25 comments!!

So it is kind of fun to say "Oh Man, a little disappointing, it is just a barber! "  Big Grin

I completely understand that most turf hunters do not really care about relics.

I am also a turf hunter so I understand the thrill of any silver out of a park!!  Just a different mental state based on what you are looking for.
I agree with your sentiments entirely, Ron Yes By & large, the biggest segment of this hobby is coinshooting. Additionally, most hunters (not myself) don't truly understand and/or appreciate the history surrounding a relic. Not saying I'm a historian in the way of relics (far from it), however, I know the basics, and more importantly, I can appreciate the historical relevance of a piece. A gold ring, gold coin, an old piece of silver, etc. is normally what commands attention in this pursuit. It's about the flash. The entire premise of treasure hunting is selling the sizzle, not the steak. So, posting an old bullet, a belt plate or some other awesome relic isn't going to be recognized/appreciated as much...which is sad. Again, part of it is that relic hunting is a bit more niche as compared to coin hunting or beach hunting, but, I think the bigger issue is the lack of appreciation on the history of a relic. A lot has to do with all these shows. Big emphasis on what something is worth Sad 

The great thing about this hobby though is, there's something for everybody. I'm primarily a coin nut who enjoys hunting for relics occasionally. Another fella might be looking for nuggets, and yet another might enjoy searching for bling on the beach. However, we're all in the game. A fraternity. It takes just as much work to find a nugget as it does a silver coin, and vice versa. It takes just as much work to find a ring on the beach as it does to find a three ringer. It all comes down to personal taste.

Finally, a lot has to do with location, as well. Not much chance of hunting for gold in the northeast. Or relic hunting in Orlando. Most of the mind blowing military artifacts come out of the Carolina's, Virginia, etc. So, that plays a hand in things as well. Different geographies tend to have different interests in the hobby. Not many people interested in beach hunting in Wisconsin, lol. 

I wouldn't get too caught up in responses, Ron. Me? I'd rather have 3 or 4 genuine replies from someone who dug my post versus the 50 obligatory 'nice finds' crap Wink

Joe
Wow Joe!  Amen, brotha!
Hey Ron,my 18 year old son has been out with me recently on a couple relic hunts. He has the bug again BAD. Anyway,he was looking at some you tube vids the other day,and I said"Dude,check out the videos made by this dork Ron!" Haha,didnt really say dork. Anyway,he really likes and apreciated your videos. Ray
Dork--Geek-- they are all fitting!!  Happy
Reference URL's