Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New Year's Day hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Joe and I did a short New Year's Day hunt to a place where he found seated coins and large cents.Today was cold most spots frozen except where sun was hitting.iItstarted out slow, a few wheats n clad we were ready to call it a day and decided to do another 15 minutes, when I got a nice 38 signal about 4-5 inches. Thinking it could be silver or a clad quarter I dug it,I got down about 6 inches and my x1 was screaming in the hole.i seen a large copper coin ,cleaning it off a little I noticed a shield on one side but couldn't see the other.I knew what it was a nj copper penny from the 1780s. I found the exact one 25 years ago. With the condition being so poor it's not worth a lot but I think it's a great find . Happy hunting till next spring!!

***Joe here. In the spirit of making an ass out of myself, per Tony's request, I uploaded this song I made for him Happy It's his new favorite diddy! The 38 referenced in the song is the most common number that pops up on silver coins on our Safaris. When we're detecting, we try & psych each other out & continuously blurt out "38, deeeeep". Lol. Yeah, we're numbskulls Yes

Congrats on the old copper!
A horses head copper! You dirty dog you Wink That's my spot, you should cut it down the middle & give me half Tongue

Well, our season is now finito. Looking forward to 2014, more laughs & good finds 
T Man Wink

Joe
Yes, it was a great year ,too bad it has to be cold n snowy.just when I was getting into the groove with my machine the season ends!thanks for all the good times and teaching me about the machine.By the way nice song can't get it out of my head!!
That is super cool fluke!!way to go man!!
Reference URL's