Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A First for Me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out with Fluke, today. Ground was FROZEN! Our season is kaput, lol. We probably pulled only 7 or 8 coins between us. Yes, the ground was THAT bad. Fluke managed to ferret out a horses head copper from the 1700's though Yes

After going blank, I decided to try my luck at another spot for an hour after fluke had to go home. I got a good luck token with a swastika on it. I've seen many of these found by other hunters over the years, and could never find one myself. It's a bad symbol, but, it IS history. The swastika used to be a sign of good luck & prosperity, but, it came to take on a new meaning because of Hitler, and is now obviously considered a sign of hatred & evil. I also found yet another religious medal. I've been finding a ton of these lately. Maybe gods trying to tell me something.

P.S. - I can't seem to find ANY info regarding this exact token online. I know these are fairly common, but, if anyone has any info about this one, let me know. I highly doubt the "57" is Heinz 57, lol, and I'd like to know the story on it.
nice digs Joe. Ive found those tokens before,but never with 57 on it.
Cool find. I don't know that 57 does look like the Heinz logo.
57 ,,,, isn't that the number of States in the U.S.of Obama?
small world
Nice find!!  I think your swastika is a reverse design of what the Nazi's used--so you are good!!

The Nazi symbol extends to the right and yours extends to the left. You are safe to share your find with everyone!! Happy
(01-03-2014 12:07 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Nice find!!  I think your swastika is a reverse design of what the Nazi's used--so you are good!!

The Nazi symbol extends to the right and yours extends to the left.    You are safe to share your find with everyone!!  Happy

Ron, I don't give two hoots which side it faces, I'd show it either way Wink Not all history is good. Some is bad. Dark. Mean. It's still history though. No more, and no less important than any other. If some folks can't deal with dark history, guess they shouldn't read about Auschwitz, slavery, etc. This find will be proudly showed off to my fellow hunters with pride. Indeed, it's a telling piece of history & a neat piece, to boot.

Joe
Reference URL's