Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Detecting Pet Peeves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
----or a full pack and you left the lighter in the truckSad
(01-16-2014 01:06 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]----or a full pack and you left the lighter in the truckSad

Yep, happens to me all the time!!! I was on a hunt a few weeks ago, and had about two more hours to go. Needed a smoke bad, and no lighter Sad Had an old matchbook in my pocket with like 3 beat up matches. And it was a WINDY ass day! You had to see me trying to preserve each & every match like it was the last bottle of water in the middle of the desert, lmfao.

Joe
Don't know how I ever forgot this one, but, when I have my headphones on & I'm swinging, I'M IN THE ZONE! Please don't try and talk to me...I have freakin earphones on!!! I'm busy! Some people just wanna blab, and blab, and blab. I try & PRETEND I'm listening, but, I get caught once in a while. For instance, I'll nod my head yes, or chuckle at something, and the person will say; "no, I asked you where the bathroom was?". Don't talk to me when I'm in the zone!

Joe
Yeah, me too. Sometimes when I'm in a clean area, where the signals aren't as heavy as a park or a sports field, I think I could close my eyes and just swing, listening for the slightest sound. I get so "zoned", as you say, that the hours go by in a flash. I run into a lot of people who ask, some old timers who I enjoy talking to, and people just curious. They all want to see what I've found. It is a big PIA in the parks when your working a layout. You'd think that wearing headphones would discourage them.
The TV show "Diggers". Give me a break! And people asking me "What do you do with the stuff you find"?
(02-26-2014 04:42 PM)Gerry F Wrote: [ -> ]The TV show "Diggers". Give me a break! And people asking me "What do you do with the stuff you find"?

I'll be honest, I watched all of those different detecting shows when they first came out a couple of years ago, but, between the staged finds, ridiculous valuations & corny antics, I tuned out a while back. For the record, I'm not trying to be all high and righteous. If somebody offered me a bunch of dough to do a detecting show, sure as shit I'd do it, however, if it was done in the right way. I'm not gonna sell out my hobby to look like an ass or portray something in a false light.

Actually, I HAVE been watching that Oak Island show. Very well done, IMO. No goofy BS, no having to sit through 15 minutes of childish humor, etc. Do I think they're gonna find anything there, probably not, but, at least it's entertaining watching them try.

Is Diggers even on anymore? What about the one with Chicago Ron?

P.S. - If anyone stops and actually thinks about it, all of the successful treasure shows (Gold Rush Alaska, etc.) are really meaningless. Reason being, NOT A SINGLE STAR of those shows gives two shits if they find gold or valuables, as the REAL treasure is the fat salaries they get from making the shows. Going a step further, if they ever actually DID find riches, the program is done...nothing more to watch. Much better (and easier) to keep the suspense (and gravy train) rolling as long as possible. Between the ginormous salaries, personal appearances, book deals, etc., all those guys are richer than all the members of this forum combined...10 times over Wink

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's