Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: first silvers of the year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went detecting last Friday in elysian park in LA with my friend kevin nieffer from canada, he was useing the ctx3030 and I was useing my se pro, I found 9 wheats - oldest a 30-s and a 58-d quarter. He found a wheat - 42-s,a 43-s war nickel and a 1897 v-nickel and we both found a handful of clad, I also found a webelos pin. Then on sat. I met up with 4 friends and detected an old lot in moreno vally,ca. I found 5 wheats - oldest a 42-s,45-s merc and a silver heart ring and a handful of clad. I found the only silver coin,but the other guys found some nice silver and gold jewelery. The last pic is my friend caico and me.
Nice going on the nice silver finds .I've read where  people have been pounding the living  doo-doo out of that  Park for years  and  that it's  extremely tough to find silver there .Are you starting to get a  hankering for  one of those CTX's yourself ?Yes
Nice, Leo! Looks like I'm gonna be playing catch-up with you again on silver this year, as we're not gonna be able to make it out till mid March, due to winter. Try and slow down so it won't be too hard on me Tongue

Joe
nice start to the year!
Yes elysian park has been pounded hard,my buddy and I detected for 8 hours strait and best thing I found was a 58-d quarter. I think its ten times harder here in california to find silvers because we don't have all the history or in the old days not too many people. I have gone back east a few times and just tore it up everytime. Thanks for lookin.
(01-08-2014 04:31 PM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Yes elysian park has been pounded hard,my buddy and I detected for 8 hours strait and best thing I found was a 58-d quarter. I think its ten times harder here in california to find silvers because we don't have all the history or in the old days not too many people. I have gone back east a few times and just tore it up everytime. Thanks for lookin.

Your hunting is very similar to mine, Leo. I work a lot of parks. Most have been hunted over a gazillion times, but, I love the challenge. Enjoy finding stuff others didn't get. There's a surprising amount still out there Wink

Joe
I'm starting to believe that Leo is some sort of silver magnet.  Walks into a park and the silver jumps out at him.  Nice job Leo.
Nice finds. Gotta agree with Joe on this one. Bout mid calf deep in snow here and "hope" March brings a thaw. Parks here have been pounded hard as well. Bump into REAL old timers walking dogs or fishing who tell tales of cleaning out the places back in the 80's. Yet the occasional silver still pops out. I'd have to say it's the software tech and the newer hardware that gives us the edge. It ain't just the "Beep, Beep." anymore.Chuckle
Hope you guys thaw soon. I have to agree with ya ohio,now a days it takes skill,tech and a whole lot of luck to pull out silvers around cali. My grandfather was pulling silvers out in the 70s.
Reference URL's